Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker
Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker

Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Marilah mari, kita mengundi


I was having lunch with a few of my colleagues today, and the topic of conversation for today is on the upcoming 12th General Election. Which made my head playing the famous mengundi song.

Marilah mari.
Kita mengundi
Jalankanlah kewajipan
Pada negara....
ps: who ever has the mp3 version can u please pass it to me :-)


They were all talking about the politicians and the party's fate. Who will be contesting, who will not. Can this guy win in this place. Will the guy continue to contest in this seat or move to a different seat. You know, that sort of stuff. I'm sure we were not the only one who was discussing of this during lunch time. For me, i just like to listen. But it's up to you to filter out which is good, which is not and which is correct correct correct... Hehe...

Back in 1999, i was once driving my mom and niece (Nadia) to her school and we stopped at a traffic light near Gurney Heights construction site. The road was filled with flags by Barisan Nasional's blue flag and Pas's green flag. Blue and green. Posters were hanged all over the place. The road sign, the road lights, shop houses, trees. Even the road had posters and flags (from the one that had fell down).

And then Nadia asked my mom,

" Nen, kenapa ada banyak bendera (why are there so many flags)".


My mother then said

"Sebab ada pilihanraya. Orang kene pilih parti mana yang diorang suka. Yang warna biru tu Barisan Nasional, yang warna hijau tu Pas". (Because there is an election. People have to chose which party they like. The blue is Barisan Nasional and the green one is Pas).

She then continued,
"Nadia suka parti mana?" (which party do you like).

Nadia then replied honestly,
"Nadia suka parti yang ada kek" (I like the party with cakes).

There it struck me. How clean and pure a little girl's heart could be. Not siding to anyone. Not knowing anything that was happening back then. Back then there were sounds of political unstability after the sacking of the former Deputy Prime Minister. Many had jumped ships, many had even jumped ships and then jumped back in. New parties were formed. A few street demonstrations, cursing, swearing at one another. But all this little girl could see was a party with cake.

It makes you wonder that if only the world were ruled by little kids, then only there would be peace and harmony in the world. (The Petronas Merdeka commercial had a point). I am disgusted by street demonstrators that had bring along their small little children in their demonstration rally. These kids have the purest of heart. How you see them in the future is how they are brought up today.

This shall be my second time voting. I've already check my status in the spr website and i am gazetted. Yeayy!!! You can check it out to at http://daftarj.spr.gov.my.

So vote and contribute to the nation. Vote, even if it's for the wrong person.....

"Undi itu adalah rahsia"




No comments: