Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker
Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker

Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Where the heck is that partition?


As i reached my office today, a colleague of mine was smiling ear to ear when he saw me and said, "Aaaaa, Mr. rizman, my saviour"... I was like what the??? It seems that he had a broken external drive. It was never really broken mechanically but virtually. The master boot record and partition has been deleted thus in Windows says that it is an unallocated space. I am not really sure what he did but he must have done something to make the partition go away.

Reaching out for my dusty old EnCase manual, referring back to partition recovery, i finally managed to rebuild back his partition and Voillaaa, they were all in one piece. I have been practically involved in computer forensics and this is the first time i have come accrosed a drive with a deleted partition (excluding the class exercise). Who might have thought that these kind of problems came from your own colleague and not from the people outside of the organization.

With this accomplishment i felt productive again!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

If im in the situation of the owner of this blog. I dont know how to post this kind of topic. he has a nice idea.