Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker
Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker

Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Hong Kong Trip - finale

As for the coming week, I am totally on my own in another’s man country as wifey has returned back to KL. Yup, it’s just me. So for the balance 6 days that I have, I decided to make the most out of it. Right after class, I did go out and enjoyed what can be enjoyed at Hong Kong at night time.

I re-watched the Festival of Lights on Monday, again at the Golden Bauhnia square, near the HK Exhibition Centre. And this time, I was ready with the D60 in my hands and the broadcast for the day was in English. Even though this is the second time watching the show, I never get bored of it. Somehow it is a very enjoyable show to watch. I wouldn’t mind watching it every night.

As for Tuesday, I decided to visit the Night Market again but not at Mong Kok or Ladies Street. First I visited Sham Shui Po where I read in a brochure that they sell lots of electrical stuffs either brand new or even second hand. So I decided to have a go. What did I discovered there? Lot’s and lot’s of electrical items. From cables to DVD players, to mobile phone’s to amplifier and all sort of stuffs. It was heaven for me. If I have not been careful with spending, I would have bought a lot of cool stuffs. But luckily my consciousness kicked in, so I just settled for a few cables for DVD and Astro as they are quite costly in KL. Before heading back, I stopped by at the famous Men’s Street at Yau Ma Tei. It’s just like Ladies street only it’s a smaller version. The stuff sold there are more focused on men’s interest as opposed to Ladies street. By that time, the weather was quite windy.

By the time I reached back at the Hotel, the Hong Kong Meteorology department (I think) has already issued the warning Typhoon signal to no. 8. Well basically no 8 means that it is quite serious. This is due to the moving wind of Typhoon Feng Shuen which hit the Philipines a few days back ago. Never imagined in my life that I would experience such weather. Basically, this means that class will be postponed as stated earlier by the HK police and the course outline that was issued earlier to us.

So for the next morning, the class was postponed until the authorities lowered the signal back to no3 and class resumed as usual at 2pm. Because wifey had requested a few thing to buy at Mong Kok, I did go out anyway to purchase them. It was business as usual but not all of the shops were in business as a few of the shops were quite damaged due to the typhoon that whacked them earlier. Nonetheless, I did finish shopping and headed back.

For the day before the Examination and Graduation day, I just couldn’t just sit in the room all night. So I walked out in Wan Chai area and had dinner in a muslim Chinese restaurant. On the way back to the hotel, I came across a plaza that sells PC and console games. Wow, another hit. This is just one of my interest as well but as I wasn’t into PS3 at the moment, I guess a window shopping would do fine. So for the rest of the night I stayed up all night until 2am to study. Yeahh!!! Woohooo!!!

So the day had finally arrived. The examination and graduation day. But in order to graduate, I need to score 70% on my examination. The question’s prepared by the HK police was quite tough and tricky. Plus, my partner would be doing the same questions but in a different random order. Never expected that. For the practical examination, luckily we would covertly cooperated with each other. Lucky enough, all from the class pass the examination and qualified for graduation. So at 2.30pm on Friday the graduation took place. It was finally over. 2 weeks of drilling brains and calculation bits and bytes were finally over. We enjoyed the rest of the evening by talking to each other and exchanged contacts. You never know you might come across each other’s pass some day and at the same time expanded my networking friends in overseas.

As Friday was the last day that I would spend the night in Hong Kong, I decided to make the most out of it. It has always been hard for me to say goodbye to a place that I really like. I would usually spend some time admiring the view from afar and at the same time think hard on what’s to come. What better place to be than to re-visit the Peak. This time I managed to head up to the Sky Terrace to enjoy the magnificent view of Hong Kong Island from evening till the sun set. The view was spectacularly amazing to see those tall buildings starting to light up one by one. I stayed up at the sky terrace from 7pm all the way till 815pm.Before going back down, I stopped over at the Hard Rock Café souvenir shop to purchase a few items. And yes they are also expensive here in Hong Kong. I bought a HRC T-shir for Sofea which cost HKD100. Convert it and you get the idea of how much a small t-shirt cost. After shopping, I headed back down and had dinner in the room which I bought from the Minar Indian Restaurant. They have a very delicious Chicken Fried Rice for the price of HKD 68.

As Saturday approached, it was the day to say goodbye to Hong Kong. I walked up to the Admiralty MTR station and claimed my refund for the Octopus card. Walked up pedestrian walkway facing the harbor and taking some photograph in front of the Hong Kong Police headquarters. I took the Bus at 11 am which would drop me straight at the Airport.

Once I checked in, it’s time to have lunch at the Popeye restaurant. Yes, it’s halal. Probably the only halal fast food restaurant in Hong Kong. To kill time, I visited almost all of the shops they were at the airport before departure back to Kuala Lumpur.

Finally back in your own ground, your own soil and your place of Tanah Tumpahnya Darahku. After leaving Sofea for 2 weeks, finally I get to see my little girl again and from her reaction once she saw me, I feel that the feeling is mutual. Yes, no matter how cool, sophisticated modernized other country is, there is no place like home. Yeah there maybe problems in your country, the salary might not be that high as compared to other places, the petrol is overpriced but when you are abroad at other people country, you tend to appreciate more on what your have and how lucky you are to be born in Malaysia.

A message for those who like to condemned your own country, I say think again, go out and think of how lucky you are on what you have. If you don’t like it, think of how many immigrants who were willing to sacrifice everything they have just to be here. They would give anything just to be in your shoes. That sure does mean something.

Renung-renungkan dan selamat beramal.

No comments: