Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker
Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker

Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Where are those Jalur Gemilang ?

My flag on my wajabee

With only a few days left before the 51st Merdeka Day, the Jalur Gemilang flags have started to be put up all around buildings and houses. But what I see lack is the flag flying on cars. They were not as many as they were as compared to 10 years ago. Back then, the flags were quite expensive. I remember a housemate of mine bought it for me (which I paid back) for the flag that cost RM8.90. At that time, I guess they were quite expensive with the economic instability. But I can see a lot of those flags flying around on cars, bus and trucks back then..

But seems for this year, not many vehicle owners put up their flags on their vehicles. I don’t know what is the problem anyway. A flag for your car which can be bought at MyDin only cost Rm1.90. That’s RM7.00 cheaper back in the 90’s but yet very few put them on. Surely the flags mean something to everyone.

Is it because they are not patriotic, too lazy to buy the flags, scared of scratching their cars or maybe they put it up but then the flag flew away? For me, this is the second flag that I have put up since the first one flew away at Raub after attending a friends wedding. Come on rakyat Malaysia, think of it as a festival where this is the only time you get to put up flags on your car. With the national flag on your car, it doesn’t matter what car you’re driving. They will certainly look good and fabulous. So come on, fly those flags. Throw away your political believes. The flag is the symbol of the nation.

Selamat Hari Merdeka ke 51. Perpaduan Teras Kejayaan.

No comments: